A Cricketing View is an irregular, opinionated podcast.
It is available on most podcast services. Please subscribe on the service of your choice to receive new episodes.
14. This is a conversation with Arunabha Sengupta about his new book on South
African cricket (1948-1970) and the Stop The Seventy Tour campaign.
May 11, 2020
13. This is a conversation with Gideon Haigh about politics and sport. What
makes sport political? What do people really mean when they say that the two
should or should not mix? How might one think of the history of this
March 12, 2020
12. This is a conversation with Daisy Christodoulou, Jonathan Wilson and
Daniel Norcross about the use of technology in adjudication in cricket and
football. We reflect on VAR and its disontents. We also explore what might
really be desired from technology in sport and how one might think about
February 24, 2020
11. This is a conversation with Mihir Bose about the possibility of four day
Tests. Why does the question of redesigning the Test match contest keep
reappearing every now and then? Why has it made an appearance now? Mihir Bose
provides an experienced English view on these questions.
January 11, 2020
10. This is a conversation with Anthony McGowan about cheating in sport.
McGowan is trained as a philosopher and is writer of fiction and
non-fiction. He recently wrote an
essay for The Guardian on the ethics of walking in cricket. We
explore how one might think of cheating and sharp practice in the game.
December 18, 2019
9. This is a conversation with Jarrod Kimber about the contemporary
landscape of cricket writing and reporting.
November 26, 2019
8. This is a conversation with Suresh Menon about the re-constituted BCCI
with Sourav Ganguly at the helm.
November 13, 2019
7. This is a conversation with the former India fast bowler and cricket
journalist Snehal Pradhan about the contemporary landscape of women's
cricket in India
November 2, 2019
6. This is Part II of a conversation with Daniel Norcross. We discussed the
contemporary landscape of the top-flight game in England and relationship
with the broader cricket world and the consequences of the 2019 English
November 1, 2019
5. This is Part I of a conversation with Daniel Norcross of BBC's Test Match
Special. We reflect on the 2019 English summer. Most of our time was spent
discussing the two standout players of the summer - Steve Smith and Jofra
Archer. We also briefly discussed Ben Stokes.
October 30, 2019
4. This is a conversation about the art of criticism with Gary Naylor. Gary
reviews cricket, football, films, plays and the opera for various
October 25, 2019
3. This is a conversation with the journalists Tim Wigmore and Freddie Wilde
about the new book Cricket 2.0. We reflect on the history of T20 so
far and its prospects in the coming decade.
October 20, 2019
2. This is a conversation with Gaurav Sabnis about the viability of Test
cricket as a professional sport. Gaurav is a scholar and professor of
marketing, and reflects on the question from this standpoint.
October 15, 2019
1. This is a conversation with Subash Jayaraman about covering and following
cricket as a hobby. Subash's obsession with cricket has led to a blog, a
podcast, and a tour around the world watching cricket on every continent.
October 10, 2019
This website is built using Flask. The
visualizations are built using p5js.
To comment on this, please tweet @cricketingview